Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 4, 2012 at 9:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 09:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.05 meters/second, 1487.0 km/hour, 924.0 miles/hour or 802.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.40 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||South||15.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 51.1"||923.64 mi||West||0° 01' 07.2"||1.29 mi||South||923.58 mi|
|24 hours||15° 09' 22.3"||974.52 mi||East||0° 18' 09.4"||20.82 mi||North||975.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 11:44 PM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:44 PM||1301 km||808 miles||702 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 1:44 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sun 10:44 PM||2384 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 10:44 PM||2738 km||1701 miles||1478 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:44 PM||2823 km||1754 miles||1524 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 10:44 PM||2897 km||1800 miles||1564 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:44 PM||2902 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Mon 9:44 PM||3610 km||2243 miles||1949 nm||W|
|Chatham Islands||Mon 10:29 PM||3664 km||2276 miles||1978 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.