Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 4, 2012 at 09:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 09:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.05 meters/second, 1487.0 km/hour, 924.0 miles/hour or 802.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.40 mi||west||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||south||15.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 51.1"||923.70 mi||west||0° 01' 07.1"||1.28 mi||south||923.64 mi|
|24 hours||15° 09' 21.3"||974.58 mi||east||0° 18' 13.7"||20.90 mi||north||975.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 11:44 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:44 PM||1273 km||791 miles||687 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 1:44 AM||1818 km||1129 miles||981 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sun 10:44 PM||2356 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 10:44 PM||2711 km||1685 miles||1464 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:44 PM||2812 km||1747 miles||1518 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 10:44 PM||2869 km||1783 miles||1549 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:44 PM||2880 km||1789 miles||1555 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Mon 9:44 PM||3582 km||2226 miles||1934 nm||W|
|Chatham Islands||Mon 10:29 PM||3648 km||2266 miles||1970 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.