Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 4, 2012 at 10:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 10:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.00 meters/second, 1486.8 km/hour, 923.9 miles/hour or 802.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.40 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||south||15.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 51.3"||923.59 mi||west||0° 00' 57.1"||1.09 mi||south||923.54 mi|
|24 hours||15° 08' 35.8"||973.64 mi||east||0° 22' 06.0"||25.35 mi||north||975.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Mon 12:44 AM||221 km||138 miles||120 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Sun 11:44 PM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||WNW|
|Apia||Mon 11:44 PM||1361 km||846 miles||735 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Mon 12:44 AM||1368 km||850 miles||739 nm||ENE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 11:44 PM||1384 km||860 miles||747 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:44 PM||1690 km||1050 miles||913 nm||NW|
|Suva||Mon 10:44 PM||2099 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 10:44 PM||2495 km||1551 miles||1347 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:44 AM||2649 km||1646 miles||1430 nm||N|
|Auckland||Mon 10:44 PM||2814 km||1749 miles||1520 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.