Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 4, 2012 at 10:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 10:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.00 meters/second, 1486.8 km/hour, 923.9 miles/hour or 802.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.40 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||south||15.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 51.3"||923.53 mi||west||0° 00' 57.3"||1.10 mi||south||923.48 mi|
|24 hours||15° 08' 36.8"||973.59 mi||east||0° 22' 01.8"||25.26 mi||north||975.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Mon 12:44 AM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Sun 11:44 PM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Mon 12:44 AM||1342 km||834 miles||724 nm||ENE|
|Apia||Mon 11:44 PM||1383 km||859 miles||747 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 11:44 PM||1411 km||877 miles||762 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:44 PM||1707 km||1061 miles||922 nm||NW|
|Suva||Mon 10:44 PM||2126 km||1321 miles||1148 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 10:44 PM||2519 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:44 AM||2644 km||1643 miles||1427 nm||N|
|Auckland||Mon 10:44 PM||2835 km||1761 miles||1531 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.