Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 4, 2012 at 10:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 10:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 412.99 meters/second, 1486.8 km/hour, 923.8 miles/hour or 802.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.40 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 51.4"||923.51 mi||West||0° 00' 55.7"||1.06 mi||South||923.46 mi|
|24 hours||15° 08' 28.9"||973.43 mi||East||0° 22' 40.5"||26.00 mi||North||975.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Mon 12:54 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||E|
|Alofi||Sun 11:54 PM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 11:54 PM||1163 km||723 miles||628 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 11:54 PM||1196 km||743 miles||646 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:54 PM||1565 km||972 miles||845 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Mon 12:54 AM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||ENE|
|Suva||Mon 10:54 PM||1881 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 10:54 PM||2316 km||1439 miles||1250 nm||NW|
|Auckland||Mon 10:54 PM||2653 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:54 AM||2702 km||1679 miles||1459 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.