Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 412.99 meters/second, 1486.7 km/hour, 923.8 miles/hour or 802.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.40 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||south||15.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 51.5"||923.56 mi||west||0° 00' 54.2"||1.04 mi||south||923.51 mi|
|24 hours||15° 08' 21.6"||973.35 mi||east||0° 23' 15.6"||26.68 mi||north||975.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Mon 12:02 AM||486 km||302 miles||263 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:02 AM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||E|
|Pangai||Tue 12:02 AM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||WNW|
|Neiafu||Tue 12:02 AM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:02 AM||938 km||583 miles||506 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Mon 12:02 AM||949 km||589 miles||512 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Tue 12:02 AM||1050 km||653 miles||567 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:02 AM||1465 km||910 miles||791 nm||NNW|
|Suva||Mon 11:02 PM||1658 km||1031 miles||896 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 1:02 AM||1800 km||1118 miles||972 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.