Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM|
|This phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 412.98 meters/second, 1486.7 kilometres/hour, 923.8 miles/hour or 802.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.40 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 51.5"||923.48 mi||West||0° 00' 52.8"||1.01 mi||South||923.43 mi|
|24 hours||15° 08' 14.5"||973.14 mi||East||0° 23' 49.9"||27.33 mi||North||974.85 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Mon 12:12 AM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||NNW|
|Pangai||Tue 12:12 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||WNW|
|Neiafu||Tue 12:12 AM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:12 AM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Mon 12:12 AM||857 km||532 miles||463 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:12 AM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||E|
|Apia||Tue 12:12 AM||942 km||585 miles||509 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Tue 12:12 AM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:12 AM||1396 km||868 miles||754 nm||NNW|
|Suva||Mon 11:12 PM||1443 km||897 miles||779 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.