Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM|
|This phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 412.98 meters/second, 1486.7 km/hour, 923.8 miles/hour or 802.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.40 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||south||15.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 51.5"||923.48 mi||west||0° 00' 52.8"||1.01 mi||south||923.43 mi|
|24 hours||15° 08' 14.5"||973.14 mi||east||0° 23' 49.9"||27.33 mi||north||974.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Mon 12:12 AM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||NNW|
|Pangai||Tue 12:12 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||WNW|
|Neiafu||Tue 12:12 AM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:12 AM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Mon 12:12 AM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:12 AM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||E|
|Apia||Tue 12:12 AM||942 km||585 miles||509 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Tue 12:12 AM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:12 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||NNW|
|Suva||Mon 11:12 PM||1443 km||897 miles||779 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.