Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 412.95 meters/second, 1486.6 km/hour, 923.7 miles/hour or 802.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.40 mi||west||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||south||15.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||923.42 mi||west||0° 00' 45.5"||0.87 mi||south||923.38 mi|
|24 hours||15° 07' 38.8"||972.43 mi||east||0° 26' 36.3"||30.51 mi||north||974.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:54 AM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||E|
|Pangai||Tue 12:54 AM||490 km||305 miles||265 nm||ENE|
|Suva||Mon 11:54 PM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Tue 12:54 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||NE|
|Nadi||Mon 11:54 PM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||NW|
|Lautoka||Mon 11:54 PM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 12:54 AM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||ENE|
|Apia||Tue 12:54 AM||1132 km||703 miles||611 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Mon 10:54 PM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Mon 11:54 PM||1475 km||916 miles||796 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.