Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 412.95 meters/second, 1486.6 km/hour, 923.7 miles/hour or 802.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.40 mi||west||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||south||15.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||923.42 mi||west||0° 00' 45.7"||0.88 mi||south||923.38 mi|
|24 hours||15° 07' 39.9"||972.45 mi||east||0° 26' 32.0"||30.43 mi||north||974.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:54 AM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||E|
|Pangai||Tue 12:54 AM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||ENE|
|Suva||Mon 11:54 PM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Tue 12:54 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||NE|
|Nadi||Mon 11:54 PM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||NW|
|Lautoka||Mon 11:54 PM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 12:54 AM||928 km||576 miles||501 nm||ENE|
|Apia||Tue 12:54 AM||1114 km||692 miles||601 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Mon 10:54 PM||1463 km||909 miles||790 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Mon 11:54 PM||1479 km||919 miles||799 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.