Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 4, 2012 at 1:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 412.90 meters/second, 1486.4 km/hour, 923.6 miles/hour or 802.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.39 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||South||15.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 53.3"||923.31 mi||West||0° 00' 27.7"||0.53 mi||South||923.28 mi|
|24 hours||15° 06' 01.8"||970.56 mi||East||0° 33' 34.7"||38.51 mi||North||973.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brisbane||Mon 11:44 PM||680 km||422 miles||367 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Mon 11:44 PM||1132 km||704 miles||611 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Tue 12:44 AM||1151 km||715 miles||622 nm||E|
|Sydney||Mon 11:44 PM||1407 km||874 miles||760 nm||SSW|
|Port Vila||Tue 12:44 AM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Tue 12:44 AM||1446 km||898 miles||781 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 11:44 PM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||NW|
|Canberra||Mon 11:44 PM||1621 km||1008 miles||876 nm||SSW|
|Melbourne||Mon 11:44 PM||2044 km||1270 miles||1104 nm||SSW|
|Adelaide||Mon 11:14 PM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.