Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 23:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 413.11 meters/second, 1487.2 kilometres/hour, 924.1 miles/hour or 803.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.0"||15.40 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 07.3"||923.79 mi||West||0° 01' 05.1"||1.24 mi||North||923.85 mi|
|24 hours||14° 54' 58.8"||958.97 mi||East||1° 09' 06.3"||79.24 mi||North||965.98 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ghanzi||Tue 1:12 AM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||E|
|Windhoek||Tue 12:12 AM||251 km||156 miles||136 nm||WSW|
|Rundu||Tue 12:12 AM||418 km||259 miles||225 nm||N|
|Maun||Tue 1:12 AM||466 km||289 miles||251 nm||ENE|
|Swakopmund||Tue 12:12 AM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||WSW|
|Walvis Bay||Tue 12:12 AM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||WSW|
|Tsabong||Tue 1:12 AM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||SSE|
|Opuwo||Tue 12:12 AM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||NW|
|Molepolole||Tue 1:12 AM||705 km||438 miles||380 nm||ESE|
|Gaborone||Tue 1:12 AM||753 km||468 miles||406 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.