Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 11:12:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 11:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.49 meters/second, 1492.2 km/hour, 927.2 miles/hour or 805.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.45 mi||west||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||north||15.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 41.6"||926.96 mi||west||0° 02' 58.7"||3.42 mi||north||927.13 mi|
|24 hours||14° 35' 20.1"||940.54 mi||east||1° 51' 21.2"||127.68 mi||north||954.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Tue 1:12 AM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 1:12 AM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 12:12 AM||1740 km||1081 miles||940 nm||W|
|Apia||Wed 12:12 AM||2112 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:12 AM||2259 km||1403 miles||1220 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:12 AM||2318 km||1440 miles||1251 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Tue 3:12 AM||2422 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:12 AM||2594 km||1612 miles||1401 nm||N|
|Suva||Tue 11:12 PM||2967 km||1844 miles||1602 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:12 PM||3256 km||2023 miles||1758 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.