Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 11:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 11:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.55 meters/second, 1492.4 km/hour, 927.3 miles/hour or 805.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.46 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||north||15.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 42.9"||927.10 mi||west||0° 03' 02.1"||3.48 mi||north||927.27 mi|
|24 hours||14° 34' 39.1"||939.92 mi||east||1° 52' 34.9"||129.09 mi||north||954.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Tue 1:34 AM||112 km||69 miles||60 nm||W|
|Papeete||Tue 1:34 AM||1044 km||649 miles||564 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Tue 12:34 AM||1197 km||744 miles||646 nm||W|
|Apia||Wed 12:34 AM||1611 km||1001 miles||870 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:34 AM||1712 km||1064 miles||925 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:34 AM||1879 km||1168 miles||1015 nm||NW|
|Suva||Tue 11:34 PM||2421 km||1504 miles||1307 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:34 AM||2562 km||1592 miles||1383 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:34 PM||2757 km||1713 miles||1488 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Tue 3:34 AM||2953 km||1835 miles||1595 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.