Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 11:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 11:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.55 meters/second, 1492.4 km/hour, 927.3 miles/hour or 805.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.46 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 42.9"||927.03 mi||West||0° 03' 01.9"||3.48 mi||North||927.19 mi|
|24 hours||14° 34' 41.2"||939.88 mi||East||1° 52' 31.1"||129.01 mi||North||954.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Tue 1:34 AM||139 km||87 miles||75 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Tue 1:34 AM||878 km||546 miles||474 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Tue 1:34 AM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Tue 12:34 AM||1225 km||761 miles||661 nm||W|
|Apia||Wed 12:34 AM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:34 AM||1740 km||1081 miles||940 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:34 AM||1898 km||1179 miles||1025 nm||NW|
|Suva||Tue 11:34 PM||2448 km||1521 miles||1322 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:34 AM||2560 km||1591 miles||1382 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:34 PM||2783 km||1729 miles||1503 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.