Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 11:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 11:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.61 meters/second, 1492.6 km/hour, 927.4 miles/hour or 805.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.46 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 44.2"||927.15 mi||West||0° 03' 05.0"||3.54 mi||North||927.32 mi|
|24 hours||14° 34' 03.7"||939.32 mi||East||1° 53' 37.9"||130.28 mi||North||954.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Tue 1:54 AM||358 km||223 miles||193 nm||E|
|Alofi||Tue 12:54 AM||740 km||460 miles||400 nm||WNW|
|Apia||Wed 12:54 AM||1222 km||759 miles||660 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:54 AM||1243 km||772 miles||671 nm||W|
|Papeete||Tue 1:54 AM||1492 km||927 miles||806 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:54 AM||1567 km||974 miles||846 nm||NW|
|Suva||Tue 11:54 PM||1953 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:54 PM||2353 km||1462 miles||1271 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:54 AM||2635 km||1637 miles||1423 nm||NNE|
|Auckland||Tue 11:54 PM||2743 km||1704 miles||1481 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.