Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 11:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.55 meters/second, 1514.0 km/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.68 mi||west||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||north||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 37.2"||940.56 mi||west||0° 06' 23.1"||7.32 mi||north||940.90 mi|
|24 hours||13° 42' 05.1"||894.32 mi||east||3° 03' 47.0"||210.67 mi||north||926.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 1:44 AM||379 km||236 miles||205 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 1:44 AM||1399 km||869 miles||755 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Wed 3:44 AM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Wed 12:44 AM||2458 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:44 AM||2628 km||1633 miles||1419 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Thu 12:44 AM||2759 km||1715 miles||1490 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 12:44 AM||2880 km||1790 miles||1555 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 12:44 AM||2998 km||1863 miles||1619 nm||W|
|Suva||Wed 11:44 PM||3692 km||2294 miles||1994 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 11:44 PM||3882 km||2412 miles||2096 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.