Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, June 10, 2012 at 22:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 10, 2012 at 22:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.96 meters/second, 1619.9 km/hour, 1006.5 miles/hour or 874.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.78 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 14.3"||1006.54 mi||west||0° 11' 36.9"||13.30 mi||north||1006.67 mi|
|24 hours||10° 34' 04.5"||730.87 mi||east||4° 34' 57.1"||314.88 mi||north||795.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jambi||Mon 5:42 AM||47 km||29 miles||25 nm||SSE|
|Palembang||Mon 5:42 AM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||SE|
|Tanjung Pinang||Mon 5:42 AM||267 km||166 miles||144 nm||NNE|
|Singapore||Mon 6:42 AM||284 km||176 miles||153 nm||N|
|Pekanbaru||Mon 5:42 AM||292 km||181 miles||157 nm||NW|
|Johor Bahru||Mon 6:42 AM||302 km||187 miles||163 nm||N|
|Bengkulu||Mon 5:42 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||SSW|
|Pangkal Pinang||Mon 5:42 AM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||ESE|
|Padang||Mon 5:42 AM||340 km||211 miles||184 nm||W|
|Seremban||Mon 6:42 AM||466 km||290 miles||252 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.