Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 11, 2012 at 4:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 11, 2012 at 16:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 450.00 meters/second, 1620.0 km/hour, 1006.6 miles/hour or 874.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.6"||16.78 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 45.1"||1006.55 mi||West||0° 11' 21.1"||13.00 mi||North||1006.57 mi|
|24 hours||10° 26' 19.7"||721.53 mi||East||4° 25' 26.2"||303.98 mi||North||781.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 6:42 AM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 5:42 AM||1912 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 4:42 AM||2025 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 6:42 AM||2114 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||N|
|Apia||Tue 5:42 AM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 6:42 AM||2389 km||1484 miles||1290 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 6:42 AM||2597 km||1614 miles||1402 nm||S|
|Alofi||Mon 5:42 AM||2669 km||1658 miles||1441 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 4:42 AM||2755 km||1712 miles||1488 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 5:42 AM||3166 km||1967 miles||1709 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.