Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 11, 2012 at 16:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 11, 2012 at 16:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 450.00 meters/second, 1620.0 km/hour, 1006.6 miles/hour or 874.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.6"||16.78 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 45.1"||1006.55 mi||west||0° 11' 21.1"||13.00 mi||north||1006.57 mi|
|24 hours||10° 26' 19.3"||721.52 mi||east||4° 25' 25.5"||303.97 mi||north||781.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 6:42 AM||153 km||95 miles||83 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 5:42 AM||1893 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 4:42 AM||1995 km||1240 miles||1077 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 6:42 AM||2115 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||N|
|Apia||Tue 5:42 AM||2289 km||1423 miles||1236 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 6:42 AM||2401 km||1492 miles||1297 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 6:42 AM||2596 km||1613 miles||1402 nm||S|
|Alofi||Mon 5:42 AM||2655 km||1650 miles||1433 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 4:42 AM||2727 km||1694 miles||1472 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 5:42 AM||3149 km||1957 miles||1700 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.