Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 11, 2012 at 22:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 11, 2012 at 22:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.63 meters/second, 1618.7 km/hour, 1005.8 miles/hour or 874.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.8"||16.76 mi||west||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||north||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 51.3"||1005.71 mi||west||0° 11' 13.0"||12.85 mi||north||1005.70 mi|
|24 hours||10° 25' 16.6"||719.63 mi||east||4° 21' 12.1"||299.14 mi||north||777.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Miri||Tue 6:42 AM||120 km||75 miles||65 nm||NNW|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 6:42 AM||138 km||86 miles||75 nm||N|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 6:42 AM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||NNE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 6:42 AM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||NNE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Tue 6:42 AM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||NE|
|Kuching||Tue 6:42 AM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||WSW|
|Samarinda||Tue 6:42 AM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||SE|
|Balikpapan||Tue 6:42 AM||584 km||363 miles||316 nm||SSE|
|Palangka Raya||Tue 5:42 AM||614 km||382 miles||332 nm||S|
|Pontianak||Tue 5:42 AM||658 km||409 miles||356 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.