Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 11, 2012 at 22:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.63 meters/second, 1618.7 kilometres/hour, 1005.8 miles/hour or 874.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.8"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 51.3"||1005.71 mi||West||0° 11' 13.0"||12.85 mi||North||1005.70 mi|
|24 hours||10° 25' 16.6"||719.63 mi||East||4° 21' 12.1"||299.14 mi||North||777.22 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Miri||Tue 6:42 AM||120 km||75 miles||65 nm||NNW|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 6:42 AM||138 km||86 miles||75 nm||N|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 6:42 AM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||NNE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 6:42 AM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||NNE|
|Sibu||Tue 6:42 AM||290 km||180 miles||157 nm||WSW|
|Sarikei||Tue 6:42 AM||329 km||204 miles||178 nm||WSW|
|Kota Kinabalu||Tue 6:42 AM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||NE|
|Kuching||Tue 6:42 AM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||WSW|
|Samarinda||Tue 6:42 AM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||SE|
|Balikpapan||Tue 6:42 AM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.