Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 15:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 15:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.84 meters/second, 1504.2 km/hour, 934.7 miles/hour or 812.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||15.58 mi||west||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||south||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 55.3"||934.34 mi||west||0° 02' 18.4"||2.65 mi||south||934.47 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 20.7"||773.77 mi||east||1° 24' 03.6"||96.38 mi||south||783.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Tue 11:02 AM||1789 km||1111 miles||966 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 11:02 AM||1819 km||1130 miles||982 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Tue 11:02 AM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 11:02 AM||1844 km||1146 miles||996 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 11:02 AM||1848 km||1148 miles||998 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Tue 11:02 AM||1865 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 11:02 AM||1901 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 11:02 AM||1935 km||1202 miles||1045 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Tue 12:02 PM||1973 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 12:02 PM||2028 km||1260 miles||1095 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.