Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 23:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 3:31 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 23:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.87 meters/second, 1507.9 km/hour, 937.0 miles/hour or 814.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||15.62 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 56.8"||936.72 mi||west||0° 03' 09.3"||3.62 mi||south||936.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 26.6"||773.67 mi||east||1° 43' 57.9"||119.20 mi||south||787.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 1:08 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||E|
|Wailuku||Tue 1:08 PM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||E|
|Midway||Tue 12:08 PM||1676 km||1041 miles||905 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:08 PM||2195 km||1364 miles||1185 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Tue 11:08 AM||2735 km||1699 miles||1477 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Wed 11:08 AM||3186 km||1980 miles||1720 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 11:08 AM||3192 km||1984 miles||1724 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 11:08 AM||3400 km||2113 miles||1836 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:08 PM||3478 km||2161 miles||1878 nm||SSW|
|Adak *||Tue 2:08 PM||3633 km||2258 miles||1962 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.