Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 23:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 23:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.86 meters/second, 1507.9 km/hour, 937.0 miles/hour or 814.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||15.62 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 56.8"||936.65 mi||west||0° 03' 09.2"||3.62 mi||south||936.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 27.0"||773.62 mi||east||1° 43' 55.1"||119.14 mi||south||787.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 1:08 PM||490 km||305 miles||265 nm||E|
|Wailuku||Tue 1:08 PM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||E|
|Midway||Tue 12:08 PM||1700 km||1056 miles||918 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:08 PM||2187 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Tue 11:08 AM||2751 km||1709 miles||1485 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Wed 11:08 AM||3211 km||1995 miles||1734 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 11:08 AM||3220 km||2001 miles||1739 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 11:08 AM||3423 km||2127 miles||1848 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:08 PM||3486 km||2166 miles||1882 nm||SSW|
|Adak *||Tue 2:08 PM||3641 km||2262 miles||1966 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.