Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 12:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 00:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.89 meters/second, 1526.0 km/hour, 948.2 miles/hour or 824.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.5"||947.92 mi||West||0° 05' 40.4"||6.50 mi||South||948.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 48' 15.6"||771.54 mi||East||2° 41' 43.4"||185.37 mi||South||799.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Wed 2:08 PM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Wed 1:08 PM||1605 km||997 miles||866 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 2:08 PM||2089 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:08 PM||2436 km||1514 miles||1315 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 12:08 PM||2873 km||1785 miles||1551 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 12:08 PM||2969 km||1845 miles||1603 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Thu 12:08 PM||3090 km||1920 miles||1669 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 1:08 PM||3222 km||2002 miles||1740 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 12:08 PM||3511 km||2182 miles||1896 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Thu 1:08 PM||3719 km||2311 miles||2008 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.