Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 3:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 03:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.56 meters/second, 1604.0 kilometres/hour, 996.7 miles/hour or 866.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 12.2"||0.23 mi||South||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 52.6"||996.52 mi||West||0° 12' 14.8"||14.03 mi||South||996.41 mi|
|24 hours||12° 20' 10.9"||847.95 mi||East||4° 44' 38.9"||326.04 mi||South||903.87 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 6:00 PM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Tue 5:30 PM||1344 km||835 miles||726 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:30 PM||1694 km||1052 miles||915 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 5:30 PM||2319 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Tue 7:30 PM||2571 km||1598 miles||1388 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:30 PM||2958 km||1838 miles||1597 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 4:30 PM||3084 km||1916 miles||1665 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Wed 4:30 PM||3093 km||1922 miles||1670 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:30 PM||3398 km||2111 miles||1835 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:30 PM||3624 km||2252 miles||1957 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.