Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 11:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 414.25 meters/second, 1491.3 kilometres/hour, 926.7 miles/hour or 805.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.44 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 44.8"||926.31 mi||West||0° 02' 24.9"||2.77 mi||South||926.19 mi|
|24 hours||14° 57' 21.2"||963.44 mi||East||0° 14' 27.2"||16.57 mi||South||962.79 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mackay||Sun 9:44 PM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||W|
|Lindeman Island||Sun 9:44 PM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||WNW|
|Rockhampton||Sun 9:44 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||S|
|Brisbane||Sun 9:44 PM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||SSE|
|Cairns||Sun 9:44 PM||720 km||447 miles||389 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Sun 9:44 PM||1374 km||854 miles||742 nm||NNW|
|Sydney||Sun 9:44 PM||1385 km||861 miles||748 nm||S|
|Canberra||Sun 9:44 PM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||S|
|Honiara||Sun 10:44 PM||1647 km||1023 miles||889 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Sun 9:14 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.