Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 2, 2012 at 11:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 2, 2012 at 11:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.51 meters/second, 1488.6 km/hour, 925.0 miles/hour or 803.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.42 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||North||15.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 39.9"||924.67 mi||West||0° 01' 20.9"||1.55 mi||North||924.74 mi|
|24 hours||345° 14' 00.5"||949.65 mi||West||1° 14' 33.8"||85.50 mi||North||957.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Mon 10:34 PM||188 km||117 miles||102 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Mon 10:34 PM||429 km||267 miles||232 nm||N|
|Luganville||Mon 10:34 PM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||N|
|Kingston||Mon 11:04 PM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||S|
|Suva||Mon 11:34 PM||1145 km||712 miles||618 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Mon 10:34 PM||1607 km||999 miles||868 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Mon 9:34 PM||1660 km||1031 miles||896 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:34 AM||1729 km||1075 miles||934 nm||E|
|Auckland||Mon 11:34 PM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Mon 11:34 PM||1873 km||1164 miles||1011 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.