Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, July 2, 2012 at 12:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 2, 2012 at 12:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.60 meters/second, 1488.9 km/hour, 925.2 miles/hour or 804.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.42 mi||west||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||north||15.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 41.5"||924.87 mi||west||0° 01' 32.0"||1.76 mi||north||924.95 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 45.2"||948.50 mi||east||1° 18' 45.0"||90.30 mi||north||956.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rockhampton||Mon 10:44 PM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||SSW|
|Mackay||Mon 10:44 PM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Mon 10:44 PM||673 km||418 miles||363 nm||SSE|
|Cairns||Mon 10:44 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||NW|
|Sydney||Mon 10:44 PM||1360 km||845 miles||735 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Mon 10:44 PM||1415 km||879 miles||764 nm||NNW|
|Canberra||Mon 10:44 PM||1533 km||953 miles||828 nm||S|
|Honiara||Mon 11:44 PM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Mon 10:14 PM||1811 km||1125 miles||978 nm||W|
|Port Vila||Mon 11:44 PM||1829 km||1136 miles||987 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.