Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 2, 2012 at 12:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 2, 2012 at 12:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.60 meters/second, 1488.9 km/hour, 925.2 miles/hour or 804.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.42 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||North||15.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 41.5"||924.87 mi||West||0° 01' 32.0"||1.76 mi||North||924.95 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 45.2"||948.50 mi||East||1° 18' 45.0"||90.30 mi||North||956.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rockhampton||Mon 10:44 PM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||SSW|
|Mackay||Mon 10:44 PM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Mon 10:44 PM||673 km||418 miles||363 nm||SSE|
|Cairns||Mon 10:44 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||NW|
|Sydney||Mon 10:44 PM||1360 km||845 miles||735 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Mon 10:44 PM||1415 km||879 miles||764 nm||NNW|
|Canberra||Mon 10:44 PM||1533 km||953 miles||828 nm||S|
|Honiara||Mon 11:44 PM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Mon 10:14 PM||1810 km||1124 miles||977 nm||W|
|Port Vila||Mon 11:44 PM||1828 km||1136 miles||987 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.