Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 11:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.49 meters/second, 1503.0 km/hour, 933.9 miles/hour or 811.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.56 mi||west||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||north||15.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 43.8"||933.62 mi||west||0° 04' 57.8"||5.69 mi||north||933.89 mi|
|24 hours||14° 10' 00.8"||918.80 mi||east||2° 34' 48.5"||177.47 mi||north||942.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tubou||Tue 11:44 PM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Tue 11:44 PM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||NW|
|Levuka||Tue 11:44 PM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||NNW|
|Nadi||Tue 11:44 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||NW|
|Lautoka||Tue 11:44 PM||442 km||274 miles||239 nm||NW|
|Labasa||Tue 11:44 PM||451 km||280 miles||243 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:44 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||ESE|
|Pangai||Wed 12:44 AM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||E|
|Neiafu||Wed 12:44 AM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Tue 12:44 AM||1016 km||631 miles||548 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.