Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 9, 2012 at 10:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 9, 2012 at 10:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.05 meters/second, 1616.6 km/hour, 1004.5 miles/hour or 872.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.3"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 21.5"||1004.42 mi||West||0° 11' 18.8"||12.96 mi||North||1004.39 mi|
|24 hours||10° 36' 24.8"||731.92 mi||East||4° 21' 59.8"||300.06 mi||North||788.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 4:42 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||SSE|
|San Jose||Mon 4:42 AM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||NE|
|Managua||Mon 4:42 AM||1036 km||644 miles||560 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Mon 4:42 AM||1090 km||678 miles||589 nm||N|
|Santa Ana||Mon 4:42 AM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||N|
|Guatemala||Mon 4:42 AM||1176 km||731 miles||635 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Mon 4:42 AM||1189 km||739 miles||642 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Mon 5:42 AM||1372 km||853 miles||741 nm||ENE|
|Guayaquil||Mon 5:42 AM||1401 km||870 miles||756 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Mon 5:42 AM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.