Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, July 13, 2012 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 4:26 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, July 13, 2012 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.96 meters/second, 1544.2 km/hour, 959.6 miles/hour or 833.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||North||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 13.6"||959.27 mi||West||0° 06' 37.6"||7.60 mi||North||959.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 10.6"||743.73 mi||East||2° 16' 48.4"||156.82 mi||North||755.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bhubaneshwar||Fri 6:50 AM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||NW|
|Visakhapatnam||Fri 6:50 AM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||W|
|Howrah||Fri 6:50 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||N|
|Kolkata||Fri 6:50 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||N|
|Khulna||Fri 7:20 AM||606 km||377 miles||327 nm||NNE|
|Barisal||Fri 7:20 AM||614 km||382 miles||332 nm||NNE|
|Jessore||Fri 7:20 AM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||N|
|Chittagong||Fri 7:20 AM||649 km||403 miles||350 nm||NNE|
|Kakinada||Fri 6:50 AM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||W|
|Durgapur||Fri 6:50 AM||677 km||420 miles||365 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.