Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, July 30, 2012 at 11:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 3:28 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 30, 2012 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.20 meters/second, 1498.3 km/hour, 931.0 miles/hour or 809.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.52 mi||west||0° 00' 03.3"||0.07 mi||north||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 09.4"||930.77 mi||west||0° 03' 31.0"||4.03 mi||north||930.96 mi|
|24 hours||14° 07' 02.0"||912.34 mi||east||2° 01' 35.3"||139.41 mi||north||928.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lindeman Island||Mon 9:44 PM||127 km||79 miles||69 nm||ENE|
|Mackay||Mon 9:44 PM||134 km||83 miles||72 nm||ESE|
|Townsville||Mon 9:44 PM||221 km||138 miles||119 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Mon 9:44 PM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Mon 9:44 PM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 9:44 PM||1270 km||789 miles||686 nm||N|
|Sydney||Mon 9:44 PM||1471 km||914 miles||794 nm||SSE|
|Alice Springs||Mon 9:14 PM||1480 km||920 miles||799 nm||WSW|
|Canberra||Mon 9:44 PM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||S|
|Adelaide||Mon 9:14 PM||1802 km||1120 miles||973 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.