Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 3, 2012 at 1:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 3:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 3, 2012 at 13:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.71 meters/second, 1604.5 km/hour, 997.0 miles/hour or 866.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.9"||996.93 mi||West||0° 11' 47.5"||13.51 mi||North||997.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 22.9"||785.82 mi||East||4° 46' 15.4"||327.82 mi||North||854.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sat 1:58 AM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||NNW|
|Tabiteuea||Sat 1:58 AM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Sat 12:58 AM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||WSW|
|Luganville||Sat 12:58 AM||977 km||607 miles||527 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 1:58 AM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||NNE|
|Port Vila||Sat 12:58 AM||1216 km||756 miles||657 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 1:58 AM||1223 km||760 miles||661 nm||E|
|Majuro||Sat 1:58 AM||1570 km||975 miles||848 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Sat 1:58 AM||1675 km||1041 miles||904 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:58 AM||1862 km||1157 miles||1005 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.