Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 10, 2012 at 12:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 10, 2012 at 00:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.46 meters/second, 1531.6 km/hour, 951.7 miles/hour or 827.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||North||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 41.5"||951.42 mi||West||0° 05' 25.2"||6.21 mi||North||951.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 40.6"||750.65 mi||East||1° 45' 48.5"||121.30 mi||North||756.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rayagada||Fri 5:50 AM||46 km||29 miles||25 nm||NNW|
|Paralakhemundi||Fri 5:50 AM||52 km||32 miles||28 nm||E|
|Bhawanipatna||Fri 5:50 AM||64 km||40 miles||34 nm||NW|
|Koraput||Fri 5:50 AM||94 km||58 miles||51 nm||W|
|Visakhapatnam||Fri 5:50 AM||129 km||80 miles||70 nm||SSW|
|Berhampur||Fri 5:50 AM||136 km||85 miles||74 nm||ENE|
|Nabarangpur||Fri 5:50 AM||141 km||88 miles||76 nm||WNW|
|Chhatrapur||Fri 5:50 AM||157 km||98 miles||85 nm||ENE|
|Khallikote||Fri 5:50 AM||179 km||111 miles||97 nm||ENE|
|Malkangiri||Fri 5:50 AM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.