Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 10, 2012 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 10, 2012 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.21 meters/second, 1530.8 kilometres/hour, 951.2 miles/hour or 826.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||North||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.6"||950.87 mi||West||0° 05' 20.1"||6.12 mi||North||950.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 23.3"||751.03 mi||East||1° 43' 39.4"||118.84 mi||North||756.44 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mumbai||Fri 6:50 AM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||E|
|Vasai-Virar||Fri 6:50 AM||397 km||247 miles||215 nm||E|
|Surat||Fri 6:50 AM||466 km||289 miles||251 nm||NE|
|Pune||Fri 6:50 AM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||E|
|Nashik||Fri 6:50 AM||510 km||317 miles||275 nm||ENE|
|Vadodara||Fri 6:50 AM||571 km||355 miles||309 nm||NE|
|Ahmedabad||Fri 6:50 AM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||NE|
|Ahmednagar||Fri 6:50 AM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||E|
|Ichalkaranji||Fri 6:50 AM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||ESE|
|Godhra||Fri 6:50 AM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.