Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, August 10, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 10, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.82 meters/second, 1525.7 km/hour, 948.0 miles/hour or 823.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.80 mi||west||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||north||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 28.7"||947.74 mi||west||0° 04' 49.0"||5.52 mi||north||947.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 37.3"||753.31 mi||east||1° 30' 33.4"||103.82 mi||north||756.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nouadhibou||Fri 7:20 AM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||NNE|
|Nouakchott||Fri 7:20 AM||264 km||164 miles||143 nm||ESE|
|Rosso||Fri 7:20 AM||399 km||248 miles||216 nm||SE|
|Saint-Louis||Fri 7:20 AM||408 km||254 miles||221 nm||SSE|
|Thiès||Fri 7:20 AM||523 km||325 miles||283 nm||SSE|
|Dakhla||Fri 7:20 AM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||NNE|
|Dakar||Fri 7:20 AM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||S|
|Touba||Fri 7:20 AM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||SSE|
|Santa Maria||Fri 6:20 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||WSW|
|Serekunda||Fri 7:20 AM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.