Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 10, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 10, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.68 meters/second, 1518.0 kilometres/hour, 943.3 miles/hour or 819.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.08 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.4"||942.94 mi||West||0° 03' 53.6"||4.47 mi||North||942.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 35.3"||757.31 mi||East||1° 07' 24.4"||77.29 mi||North||758.48 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 7:36 AM||979 km||608 miles||528 nm||E|
|Midway||Fri 6:36 AM||1367 km||849 miles||738 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:36 AM||2288 km||1422 miles||1235 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Fri 5:36 AM||2429 km||1509 miles||1312 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 5:36 AM||2728 km||1695 miles||1473 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sat 5:36 AM||2743 km||1705 miles||1481 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sat 5:36 AM||2991 km||1859 miles||1615 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:36 AM||3294 km||2047 miles||1779 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:36 AM||3505 km||2178 miles||1893 nm||SSW|
|Adak *||Fri 8:36 AM||3615 km||2246 miles||1952 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.