Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.18 meters/second, 1505.4 km/hour, 935.4 miles/hour or 812.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||15.59 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||North||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 29.8"||935.09 mi||West||0° 01' 29.7"||1.71 mi||North||935.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 44.9"||766.80 mi||East||0° 07' 48.4"||8.95 mi||North||766.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sat 7:36 AM||1067 km||663 miles||576 nm||NW|
|Honolulu||Sat 8:36 AM||1262 km||784 miles||681 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Sat 6:36 AM||2438 km||1515 miles||1316 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 6:36 AM||2445 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sun 6:36 AM||2545 km||1581 miles||1374 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 8:36 AM||2552 km||1586 miles||1378 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Sun 6:36 AM||2869 km||1783 miles||1549 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 7:36 AM||3394 km||2109 miles||1833 nm||S|
|Adak *||Sat 9:36 AM||3440 km||2138 miles||1858 nm||N|
|Yaren||Sun 6:36 AM||3482 km||2164 miles||1880 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.