Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 11:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 23:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.81 meters/second, 1504.1 km/hour, 934.6 miles/hour or 812.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||15.58 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.0"||934.28 mi||West||0° 00' 59.4"||1.14 mi||North||934.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 54.7"||768.56 mi||East||0° 04' 31.6"||5.19 mi||South||768.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Shantou||Sun 7:36 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||NNW|
|Xiamen||Sun 7:36 AM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||N|
|Kowloon||Sun 7:36 AM||345 km||215 miles||187 nm||WNW|
|Hong Kong||Sun 7:36 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||WNW|
|Kaohsiung||Sun 7:36 AM||360 km||223 miles||194 nm||ENE|
|Shenzhen||Sun 7:36 AM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||WNW|
|Macau||Sun 7:36 AM||413 km||256 miles||223 nm||WNW|
|Taichung||Sun 7:36 AM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||NE|
|Guangzhou||Sun 7:36 AM||471 km||293 miles||254 nm||WNW|
|Foshan||Sun 7:36 AM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.