Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 13, 2012 at 2:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 13, 2012 at 02:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 418.01 meters/second, 1504.8 kilometres/hour, 935.1 miles/hour or 812.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||15.58 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||South||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 57.2"||934.72 mi||West||0° 01' 45.3"||2.01 mi||South||934.82 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 48.7"||776.71 mi||East||1° 11' 01.6"||81.44 mi||South||784.01 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Chittagong||Mon 8:10 AM||123 km||76 miles||66 nm||NNW|
|Barisal||Mon 8:10 AM||244 km||152 miles||132 nm||NW|
|Comilla||Mon 8:10 AM||263 km||164 miles||142 nm||NNW|
|Chandpur||Mon 8:10 AM||267 km||166 miles||144 nm||NW|
|Khulna||Mon 8:10 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||WNW|
|Dhaka||Mon 8:10 AM||326 km||202 miles||176 nm||NNW|
|Jessore||Mon 8:10 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||NW|
|Tangail||Mon 8:10 AM||403 km||250 miles||218 nm||NW|
|Sylhet||Mon 8:10 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||N|
|Mandalay||Mon 8:40 AM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.