Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, August 13, 2012 at 09:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 13, 2012 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.66 meters/second, 1507.2 km/hour, 936.5 miles/hour or 813.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||15.61 mi||west||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||south||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 53.8"||936.19 mi||west||0° 02' 29.4"||2.85 mi||south||936.32 mi|
|24 hours||12° 03' 18.1"||778.51 mi||east||1° 28' 30.5"||101.48 mi||south||788.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Mon 9:10 AM||351 km||218 miles||189 nm||SW|
|Smara||Mon 9:10 AM||677 km||420 miles||365 nm||NNW|
|Dakhla||Mon 9:10 AM||742 km||461 miles||400 nm||WNW|
|Tindouf||Mon 10:10 AM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||N|
|Nouakchott||Mon 9:10 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||WSW|
|Cape Bojador||Mon 9:10 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||NW|
|El Aaiún||Mon 9:10 AM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||NNW|
|Nouadhibou||Mon 9:10 AM||801 km||498 miles||432 nm||W|
|Rosso||Mon 9:10 AM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||SW|
|Tambacounda||Mon 9:10 AM||925 km||575 miles||500 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.