Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, August 13, 2012 at 14:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:55 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 13, 2012 at 14:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.27 meters/second, 1509.4 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||15.63 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 52.1"||937.63 mi||west||0° 03' 00.9"||3.46 mi||south||937.79 mi|
|24 hours||12° 03' 19.9"||779.76 mi||east||1° 40' 56.8"||115.74 mi||south||792.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|George Town (Cayman)||Mon 9:10 AM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||SSE|
|Havana *||Mon 10:10 AM||260 km||162 miles||141 nm||N|
|Santa Clara *||Mon 10:10 AM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||NE|
|Key West *||Mon 10:10 AM||419 km||260 miles||226 nm||N|
|Camagüey *||Mon 10:10 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||E|
|Cancún *||Mon 9:10 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||W|
|Montego Bay||Mon 9:10 AM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||ESE|
|Playa del Carmen *||Mon 9:10 AM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||W|
|Miami *||Mon 10:10 AM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||NNE|
|Hialeah *||Mon 10:10 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.