Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, August 17, 2012 at 08:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:55 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 17, 2012 at 08:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.20 meters/second, 1591.9 km/hour, 989.2 miles/hour or 859.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.48 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||south||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.4"||989.01 mi||west||0° 10' 58.1"||12.56 mi||south||989.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 43.6"||801.78 mi||east||4° 37' 21.7"||317.67 mi||south||866.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Berbera||Fri 11:38 AM||126 km||78 miles||68 nm||NW|
|Hargeisa||Fri 11:38 AM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||W|
|Aden||Fri 11:38 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||NNW|
|Djibouti||Fri 11:38 AM||366 km||227 miles||198 nm||WNW|
|Galkayo||Fri 11:38 AM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||SSE|
|Ali Sabieh||Fri 11:38 AM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||WNW|
|Bosaso||Fri 11:38 AM||390 km||242 miles||210 nm||ENE|
|Tadjoura||Fri 11:38 AM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||WNW|
|Dire Dawa||Fri 11:38 AM||450 km||279 miles||243 nm||W|
|Ta'izz||Fri 11:38 AM||469 km||292 miles||253 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.