Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 17, 2012 at 2:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 17, 2012 at 14:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.56 meters/second, 1596.8 km/hour, 992.2 miles/hour or 862.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 35.2"||992.08 mi||West||0° 11' 17.6"||12.94 mi||South||992.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 42.0"||804.20 mi||East||4° 43' 34.8"||324.78 mi||South||871.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Fri 11:28 AM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||S|
|Belém||Fri 11:28 AM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Fri 11:28 AM||1594 km||990 miles||861 nm||WSW|
|Praia||Fri 1:28 PM||1762 km||1095 miles||951 nm||ENE|
|Paramaribo||Fri 11:28 AM||1877 km||1166 miles||1014 nm||W|
|Recife||Fri 11:28 AM||1896 km||1178 miles||1024 nm||SSE|
|Georgetown||Fri 10:28 AM||2188 km||1360 miles||1181 nm||W|
|Bridgetown||Fri 10:28 AM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||WNW|
|Dakar||Fri 2:28 PM||2379 km||1478 miles||1285 nm||ENE|
|Salvador||Fri 11:28 AM||2400 km||1491 miles||1296 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.