Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 17, 2012 at 15:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.88 meters/second, 1598.0 km/hour, 992.9 miles/hour or 862.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 35.6"||992.79 mi||West||0° 11' 22.0"||13.02 mi||South||993.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 45.1"||804.83 mi||East||4° 44' 59.2"||326.39 mi||South||872.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Georgetown||Fri 11:54 AM||215 km||133 miles||116 nm||SSE|
|Linden||Fri 11:54 AM||287 km||179 miles||155 nm||SSE|
|New Amsterdam||Fri 11:54 AM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||SE|
|San Fernando||Fri 11:54 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||NW|
|Chaguanas||Fri 11:54 AM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||NW|
|Scarborough||Fri 11:54 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||NNW|
|Port of Spain||Fri 11:54 AM||351 km||218 miles||190 nm||NW|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Fri 12:54 PM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||SE|
|Maturín||Fri 11:24 AM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||WNW|
|Ciudad Bolívar||Fri 11:24 AM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.