Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, August 17, 2012 at 15:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM|
|This phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:55 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, August 24, 2012 at 1:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 17, 2012 at 15:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.88 meters/second, 1598.0 km/hour, 992.9 miles/hour or 862.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.55 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||south||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 35.6"||992.87 mi||west||0° 11' 22.2"||13.02 mi||south||993.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 45.2"||804.89 mi||east||4° 45' 00.3"||326.43 mi||south||872.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Georgetown (Guyana)||Fri 11:54 AM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||SE|
|San Fernando||Fri 11:54 AM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||NW|
|Linden||Fri 11:54 AM||299 km||186 miles||161 nm||SSE|
|Chaguanas||Fri 11:54 AM||312 km||194 miles||169 nm||NW|
|New Amsterdam||Fri 11:54 AM||326 km||202 miles||176 nm||SE|
|Port of Spain||Fri 11:54 AM||331 km||205 miles||179 nm||NW|
|Scarborough||Fri 11:54 AM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||NNW|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Fri 12:54 PM||390 km||243 miles||211 nm||SE|
|Maturín||Fri 11:24 AM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||WNW|
|Ciudad Bolívar||Fri 11:24 AM||449 km||279 miles||243 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.