Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 02:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, August 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 02:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.47 meters/second, 1614.5 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 12.4"||0.24 mi||south||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.3"||1003.09 mi||west||0° 12' 32.1"||14.36 mi||south||1003.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 16.6"||824.29 mi||east||5° 02' 33.5"||346.47 mi||south||894.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sun 2:10 PM||436 km||271 miles||236 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Sun 1:10 PM||844 km||525 miles||456 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Sun 2:10 PM||1045 km||649 miles||564 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Sun 2:10 PM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||E|
|Honiara||Sun 1:10 PM||1282 km||797 miles||692 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 2:10 PM||1987 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Sun 2:10 PM||2061 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 12:10 PM||2190 km||1361 miles||1183 nm||SW|
|Port Vila||Sun 1:10 PM||2197 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Sat 2:10 PM||2223 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.