Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, August 24, 2012 at 14:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, August 24, 2012 at 1:54 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 24, 2012 at 14:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.78 meters/second, 1504.0 km/hour, 934.6 miles/hour or 812.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.58 mi||west||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||south||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 52.3"||934.29 mi||west||0° 03' 50.1"||4.40 mi||south||934.10 mi|
|24 hours||14° 08' 10.4"||916.26 mi||east||0° 53' 50.9"||61.75 mi||south||915.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Antsirabe||Fri 5:48 PM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||ENE|
|Fianarantsoa||Fri 5:48 PM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||ESE|
|Toliara||Fri 5:48 PM||338 km||210 miles||183 nm||SSW|
|Antananarivo||Fri 5:48 PM||339 km||210 miles||183 nm||ENE|
|Mahajanga||Fri 5:48 PM||551 km||342 miles||297 nm||NNE|
|Toamasina||Fri 5:48 PM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||ENE|
|Nampula||Fri 4:48 PM||828 km||515 miles||447 nm||NW|
|Mamoutzou||Fri 5:48 PM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||N|
|Mutsamudu||Fri 5:48 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||N|
|Moroni||Fri 5:48 PM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.