Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 2:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, August 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 02:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.97 meters/second, 1497.5 km/hour, 930.5 miles/hour or 808.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.51 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 37.3"||930.16 mi||West||0° 02' 10.9"||2.50 mi||South||930.05 mi|
|24 hours||14° 09' 56.4"||914.38 mi||East||0° 13' 24.1"||15.37 mi||South||913.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 6:48 PM||493 km||307 miles||266 nm||SSW|
|Gambier Islands||Fri 5:48 PM||757 km||470 miles||409 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Fri 8:48 PM||2004 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 4:48 PM||2303 km||1431 miles||1244 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:48 PM||3300 km||2050 miles||1782 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:48 PM||4085 km||2538 miles||2206 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 3:48 PM||4383 km||2724 miles||2367 nm||W|
|Apia||Sat 3:48 PM||4709 km||2926 miles||2542 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 3:48 PM||4890 km||3038 miles||2640 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Fri 9:48 PM||5471 km||3400 miles||2954 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.