Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 1:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, August 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 13:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.90 meters/second, 1598.0 km/hour, 993.0 miles/hour or 862.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 34.3"||992.87 mi||West||0° 11' 19.0"||12.96 mi||North||993.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 38.1"||789.95 mi||East||4° 38' 24.2"||318.85 mi||North||855.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Thu 10:58 PM||760 km||472 miles||410 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Thu 11:28 PM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||SW|
|Mount Hagen||Thu 11:58 PM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Thu 10:58 PM||900 km||560 miles||486 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 11:58 PM||1112 km||691 miles||600 nm||E|
|Dili||Thu 10:58 PM||1272 km||790 miles||687 nm||W|
|Cairns||Thu 11:58 PM||1330 km||826 miles||718 nm||SE|
|Alice Springs||Thu 11:28 PM||1727 km||1073 miles||933 nm||S|
|Manado||Thu 9:58 PM||1749 km||1087 miles||944 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Thu 10:58 PM||1781 km||1106 miles||962 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.