Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, August 31, 2012 at 01:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, August 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 31, 2012 at 01:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.47 meters/second, 1607.3 km/hour, 998.7 miles/hour or 867.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.64 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.6"||998.64 mi||west||0° 11' 38.2"||13.33 mi||north||998.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 08.8"||779.66 mi||east||4° 42' 30.5"||323.52 mi||north||846.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mossoró||Thu 10:58 PM||108 km||67 miles||58 nm||NNW|
|Campina Grande||Thu 10:58 PM||184 km||114 miles||99 nm||SE|
|Natal||Thu 10:58 PM||202 km||125 miles||109 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Thu 10:58 PM||312 km||194 miles||169 nm||NNW|
|Recife||Thu 10:58 PM||324 km||202 miles||175 nm||SE|
|Maceió||Thu 10:58 PM||419 km||260 miles||226 nm||SSE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Thu 11:58 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||ENE|
|Salvador||Thu 10:58 PM||775 km||481 miles||418 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Thu 10:58 PM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia||Thu 10:58 PM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.