Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, August 31, 2012 at 01:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, August 24, 2012 at 1:54 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 31, 2012 at 01:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.47 meters/second, 1607.3 km/hour, 998.7 miles/hour or 867.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.7"||998.71 mi||west||0° 11' 38.2"||13.33 mi||north||998.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 07.6"||779.70 mi||east||4° 42' 30.6"||323.55 mi||north||846.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mossoró||Thu 10:58 PM||104 km||65 miles||56 nm||N|
|Campina Grande||Thu 10:58 PM||207 km||128 miles||112 nm||SE|
|Natal||Thu 10:58 PM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||E|
|Juàzeiro do Norte||Thu 10:58 PM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Thu 10:58 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||NNW|
|Recife||Thu 10:58 PM||347 km||216 miles||187 nm||SE|
|Maceió||Thu 10:58 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||SSE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Thu 11:58 PM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||ENE|
|Salvador||Thu 10:58 PM||770 km||478 miles||416 nm||S|
|Belém||Thu 10:58 PM||1343 km||835 miles||725 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.