Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, August 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 31, 2012 at 01:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.47 meters/second, 1607.3 kilometres/hour, 998.7 miles/hour or 867.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.6"||998.64 mi||West||0° 11' 38.2"||13.33 mi||North||998.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 08.8"||779.66 mi||East||4° 42' 30.5"||323.52 mi||North||846.47 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mossoró||Thu 10:58 PM||107 km||67 miles||58 nm||NNW|
|Campina Grande||Thu 10:58 PM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||SE|
|Natal||Thu 10:58 PM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Thu 10:58 PM||310 km||193 miles||168 nm||NNW|
|Recife||Thu 10:58 PM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||SE|
|Maceió||Thu 10:58 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||SSE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Thu 11:58 PM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||ENE|
|Salvador||Thu 10:58 PM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Thu 10:58 PM||1370 km||851 miles||740 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia||Thu 10:58 PM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.