Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, August 31, 2012 at 12:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, August 24, 2012 at 1:54 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 31, 2012 at 12:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.19 meters/second, 1613.5 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.4"||1002.56 mi||west||0° 11' 47.5"||13.50 mi||north||1002.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 40.9"||771.41 mi||east||4° 43' 08.2"||324.26 mi||north||838.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sat 12:58 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Fri 11:58 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||SSW|
|Gizo||Fri 11:58 PM||815 km||507 miles||440 nm||SW|
|Arawa||Fri 10:58 PM||855 km||531 miles||461 nm||WSW|
|Buka||Fri 10:58 PM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:58 AM||1268 km||788 miles||685 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Fri 11:58 PM||1314 km||816 miles||709 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Sat 12:58 AM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Fri 11:58 PM||1633 km||1015 miles||882 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 10:58 PM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.