Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 31, 2012 at 12:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, August 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 31, 2012 at 12:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.19 meters/second, 1613.5 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.4"||1002.49 mi||West||0° 11' 47.5"||13.50 mi||North||1002.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 41.7"||771.37 mi||East||4° 43' 08.2"||324.23 mi||North||837.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sat 12:58 AM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Fri 11:58 PM||703 km||437 miles||380 nm||SSW|
|Gizo||Fri 11:58 PM||840 km||522 miles||453 nm||WSW|
|Arawa||Fri 10:58 PM||883 km||549 miles||477 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:58 AM||1242 km||772 miles||670 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Fri 11:58 PM||1327 km||825 miles||717 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Sat 12:58 AM||1523 km||946 miles||822 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Fri 11:58 PM||1623 km||1009 miles||876 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:58 AM||1840 km||1143 miles||993 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 10:58 PM||1871 km||1163 miles||1010 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.