Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, August 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 31, 2012 at 13:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.29 meters/second, 1613.8 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 41.4"||1002.72 mi||West||0° 11' 47.9"||13.51 mi||North||1002.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 03.6"||770.78 mi||East||4° 43' 04.1"||324.16 mi||North||837.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Fri 11:48 PM||436 km||271 miles||235 nm||ESE|
|Lae||Fri 11:48 PM||559 km||348 miles||302 nm||SW|
|Arawa||Fri 11:48 PM||564 km||350 miles||304 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 11:48 PM||760 km||472 miles||410 nm||SW|
|Gizo||Sat 12:48 AM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||SE|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 11:48 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Sat 12:48 AM||1161 km||721 miles||627 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Fri 10:48 PM||1163 km||723 miles||628 nm||W|
|Palikir||Sat 12:48 AM||1422 km||883 miles||768 nm||NNE|
|Cairns||Fri 11:48 PM||1564 km||972 miles||844 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.