Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, August 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 31, 2012 at 13:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.31 meters/second, 1613.9 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 41.7"||1002.76 mi||West||0° 11' 48.0"||13.51 mi||North||1002.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 55.9"||770.67 mi||East||4° 43' 03.3"||324.14 mi||North||837.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lae||Fri 11:58 PM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||SSW|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 11:58 PM||545 km||338 miles||294 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 11:58 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||SSW|
|Buka||Fri 11:58 PM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||ESE|
|Arawa||Fri 11:58 PM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Fri 10:58 PM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||W|
|Honiara||Sat 12:58 AM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||ESE|
|Cairns||Fri 11:58 PM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Sat 12:58 AM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||NE|
|Manokwari||Fri 10:58 PM||1656 km||1029 miles||894 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.