Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 31, 2012 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.33 meters/second, 1614.0 km/hour, 1002.9 miles/hour or 871.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.2"||1002.81 mi||West||0° 11' 48.1"||13.51 mi||North||1003.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 48.4"||770.55 mi||East||4° 43' 02.3"||324.12 mi||North||837.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Sat 12:08 AM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||SW|
|Lae||Sat 12:08 AM||342 km||212 miles||184 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Fri 11:08 PM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 12:08 AM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Fri 11:08 PM||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Sat 12:08 AM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||S|
|Honiara||Sat 1:08 AM||1640 km||1019 miles||886 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Sat 1:08 AM||1772 km||1101 miles||957 nm||NE|
|Melekeok||Fri 11:08 PM||1792 km||1114 miles||968 nm||NW|
|Hagåtña||Sat 12:08 AM||1910 km||1187 miles||1031 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.