Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 31, 2012 at 14:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.43 meters/second, 1614.3 kilometres/hour, 1003.1 miles/hour or 871.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.1"||1003.03 mi||West||0° 11' 48.4"||13.52 mi||North||1003.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 11.2"||769.98 mi||East||4° 42' 56.7"||324.01 mi||North||836.39 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Fri 11:58 PM||299 km||186 miles||161 nm||N|
|Ambon||Fri 11:58 PM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Fri 11:58 PM||738 km||459 miles||398 nm||E|
|Sofifi||Fri 11:58 PM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||WNW|
|Ternate||Fri 11:58 PM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||WNW|
|Baucau||Fri 11:58 PM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||WSW|
|Darwin||Sat 12:28 AM||1049 km||652 miles||566 nm||SSW|
|Dili||Fri 11:58 PM||1097 km||682 miles||592 nm||WSW|
|Manado||Fri 10:58 PM||1177 km||731 miles||636 nm||WNW|
|Melekeok||Fri 11:58 PM||1225 km||761 miles||662 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.