Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 1, 2012 at 1:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 1, 2012 at 13:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.60 meters/second, 1618.6 km/hour, 1005.7 miles/hour or 874.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 26.4"||1005.65 mi||West||0° 11' 41.5"||13.39 mi||North||1005.71 mi|
|24 hours||10° 56' 29.7"||756.73 mi||East||4° 34' 27.9"||314.31 mi||North||818.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Sun 12:58 AM||686 km||426 miles||370 nm||NNW|
|Kolonia||Sun 12:58 AM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Sun 1:58 AM||805 km||501 miles||435 nm||ESE|
|Arawa||Sat 11:58 PM||925 km||575 miles||500 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Sun 12:58 AM||1148 km||714 miles||620 nm||S|
|Majuro||Sun 1:58 AM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Sun 1:58 AM||1465 km||911 miles||791 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Sat 11:58 PM||1814 km||1127 miles||980 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sun 1:58 AM||2159 km||1342 miles||1166 nm||NNE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 11:58 PM||2164 km||1345 miles||1169 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.